Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The Stick is Mightier than the Conch

Mossflower by Brian Jacques
The Black Stallion Returns by Walter Farley
Freddy Goes to the North Pole by Walter R. Brooks

I've been given the stick by Glenn of Dare I Read? and I guess that means I'm stuck.....hello, is this thing on?

Before tackling the questions at hand I just wanted to bid farewell, after only two posts from the depths of my soul, to the Short and Sweet concept. In the future if I have barely a paragraph to contribute to a book then so be it. Also Dare I Read? is an original concept where the author focuses more on the story surrounding his book than the book itself. Summaries and critical reviews can be found just about anywhere for any published book. I'll just use Glenn's technique when the occasion calls for it.

The Stick: You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

Delta of Venus or any set of stories by Anais Nin. Sex and Sensuality is best when it's forbidden plus if things have to be hot what's better hot than sex?

The Stick: Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Don't believe a thing Tammy tells you about Ramona Geraldine Quimby. Besides, I was 9 years old.

The Stick: The last book you bought is:

Numbers 11 through 14 of the Mack Bolan Executioner series by Don Pendleton.

The Stick: The last book you read:

Completely? All the way through? The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle by Beatrix Potter.

The Stick: What book are you currently reading?

Post Captain by Patrick O'Brian (which will be posted soon.)

The Stick: Five books you would take on a deserted island

Christ I hate these kind of questions. The Anarchist's Cookbook and I really don't know or care which else. Oh, I know...and four many-paged notebooks to finally get away from my chronic writer's block and work without interruptions.

The Stick: Who are you going to pass this stick too (3 persons) and why?

Tammy, because she's a questionaire/survey junkie, and probably no one else because the people I know tend to hate these things. Oh wait, I'll send my cousin the stick because she's always forwarding me wasteful little jokes, chain letters, inspirational stories and whatnot. Before Hotmail expanded and gave us all that space Î was constantly in danger of reaching my limit thanks to her.

So that's the stick, if you stumble upon this site you're required to comment or sign my guestbook and then consider yourself "sticked"

Before I sign out, Mossflower was exciting and compelling but suffered from the main villain being tortured by prophetic nightmares (ala Richard III) exactly as Cluny the Scourge was in Redwall. The Black Stallion Returns is better than the first book, and Freddy Goes to the North Pole was fine for what it was, lite writing for lite reading, but I had to laugh evilly over something: two orphans, brother and sister, are rescued from an abusive home. Spankings are so much a fact of life that they've grown accustomed to them. They spank each other for familiarity's sake for the first few days after salvation. From what I understand there's similar stories on certain newsgroups. If your Internet Provider is Integrity Online (or whatever that sham might be calling itself these days) you'll be blocked from searching them out yourself.

No comments: