Monday, May 09, 2005

Excuses, Excuses

This is terrible

I'm alright with not being a daily poster but I've always meant to do better than once every two or three months.

Care to hear my sob story? I'll tell you anyway. The laptop died. We've been fitted with WebTv for the time being but everything from primitive browser capability to less available time (since, being on tv, it's more invasive for everyone in the apartment) makes it difficult, if not impossible, to have decent posting time. At the same time I have a temp assignment that has me working all day long an hour's drive away, meaning I'm tired at the end of the day and not too excited about the possibility of signing up on the library's internet or going to Evergreen's computer lab to get a post done. My better writings take at least 90 minutes to get just right (and even then I usually wish I'd polished it better.)

I've still been able to read, although not as often as I'd been doing for awhile, and reviews will be coming soon. Besides finishing Patrick O'Brien's Post Captain I've read the first of some seventies western series which was so bad it's name escapes me at the moment. Let's put it this way: the Mack Bolan and Longarm series certainly aren't representative of the finest writing available but this book which I'll be ripping to confetti makes them look like Michener.

I'm currently in the middle of that charlatan L. Ron Hubbard's first Mission Earth book.

Sorry for the wait, thanks for your support, and for the record I'm always more prolific if you come to Olympia on a Friday night and buy me a beer.

1 comment:

Glenn Ingersoll said...

"Makes them look like Michener"? Would that be a good thing? I've never attempted a Michener.

Too bad about the computer situation. We have one computer for two who like to use it. Which can be a hassle.

L. Ron Hubbard! I think I'd like to see John Travolta's widely excoriated film version of Battlefield Earth. But I don't think I'll read the book.

cheers,
GI